How many people can come on the boat?
Up to 5 customers are allowed on our boat.
What about the boat?
Our boat is fully licensed, has been state inspected and meets rigorous safety guidelines & standards put forth by the State of Michigan and the USCG. All proper safety equipment is on board in the unlikely event it is needed.
How long are the trips?
Trips start when we leave the dock and stop when we return to dock.
Half-day (5 hour) and full day (8 hour) trips run until the time limit is met, or earlier if you catch your limit.
Can we keep the fish we catch?
Absolutely - provided it's legal and within Michigan DNR regulations.
We will even prepare it for you by cleaning the fish and providing it for you ready to go in zip lock bags!
What do we need to bring?
All tackle and equipment is included.
You'll want to bring:
- Current Michigan Fishing License
- Appropriate Clothing
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Food & Beverages
- Positive attitude & a sense of humor!
Do I have to tip?
Yes - if you had a good time. Industry standard is to tip the captain 25% of the trip fare.
Where do we get on the boat?
Convenient pickups on Torch Lake are available at:
- Butch's Bait and Tackle
Already on Torch? We may be able to pick you up at your dock if conditions permit.
What about cancellations?
During the peak season, our trips are in high demand. Deposits are in place to protect your fishing dates and to know you are committed to the trip.
Deposits are refundable when:
- Not peak season (Peak season is June-August)
- Up to two weeks (14 days) prior to your reserved trip
- Severe weather (Thunderstorms) at Captain's discretion
- Mechanical failure or issues that prevent the trip
Deposits are NOT refundable when:
- Peak season (June-August)
- Less than two weeks (14 days) prior to your reserved trip
- It's raining, windy or too cold